Access Property Management Group, LLC • Grand Rapids, MI (616) 301-9450

Grand Rapids Access Property Management Group – Tenant Termination Forms

Hi, this is Eddie with Access Property Management Group. Today we are talking about what to do and what notices to send if your tenants don’t pay. There are two forms that you can send out.

The first one is a “Demand for Possession Nonpayment of Rent.”
This is a 7-day notice that can be sent anytime during the month. In essence the tenant has 7 days to pay or vacate. If the tenant pays within the 7 days they can stay in the unit. After 7 days of non-payment you can file for a court date in your local jurisdiction.

The second notice is a “Notice to Quit Termination of Tenancy.”
This is a 30 day notice that can be sent at anytime if the tenant breaks the lease or you want them gone after a lease has expired. After 30 days if they are not out you can file for a court date.

When filling out these forms always add “and all other occupants” in the “To” box so that it covers everyone in the home whether they are on the lease or not.

Both forms have two pages. One’s for the tenant and one’s for you. Make sure you fill them out correctly, send it off in the mail and hopefully you’ll get paid!

If you have any other questions, give us a call at 616-301-9450 in Grand Rapids or 269-220-6033 or

Thank you