Future Resident Questions & Answers
I want to live at this home! Now what?
If you are interested in a home that we have listed, the first step is to schedule a showing with a Property Manager. Please contact our office at 616-301-9450.
When can I see the property that I am interested in?
Please contact our Property Management office at 616-301-9450 to schedule a showing that works best with your schedule! We schedule individual showing appointments so that you can have one on one time with our Property Manager’s to ask any questions you may have and to see the home privately.
What if I am interested in more than one property listed?
Not a problem! We can easily schedule showings with you for multiple properties! Please contact our Property Management office at 616-301-9450 to schedule a showing that works best with your schedule. We schedule individual showing appointments so that you can have one on one time with our Property Manager’s to ask any questions you may have and to see the home privately.
What is the process for applying to live at a rental property?
The first step in applying to live at a rental property listed by Access Property Management Group is to schedule a showing with a Property Manager. Next, you will need to submit an application and pay an application fee of $30.00 per adult over the age of 18 that would like to live at the property. An application can be submitted on the Rental Application page or a paper copy can be turned in at our Property Management office. The application fee allows us to run a criminal and credit background check. We will also verify income and ask for rental history references. A cosigner may be required under certain conditions. Please see our Screening Policy for more details. When your application is approved, you will be asked to pay the security deposit and schedule a move in date within the next 30 days. This payment will hold the unit for you until your scheduled move in date. Please see the Move In Information page for further information.
I have a pet. Do the homes that Access Property Management Group lists accept pets?
Every property is different because it depends on the preference of the homeowner. Most of our homeowners will allow pets with an additional deposit. Breed or species restrictions may apply depending on the owner’s preference. AGGRESSIVE PET BREEDS ARE NOT ALLOWED. It is best to contact our office for detailed information on the pet policy for the home you are interested in.
Current Resident Questions & Answers
How do I pay my rent?
Residents can make payments in a few different ways.
- Payment can be completed online! Simply log into your Tenant Portal, select Make Payment, and enter the necessary information. Online, you have the option to pay by e-check. It’s quick, easy, and free!
- Payment can be brought into the office at the address listed below during business hours. We are open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
- Payment may also be mailed to: Access Property Management Group4657 Lake Michigan Dr., #1 OfficeAllendale, MI 49401
How do I submit a maintenance request?
Maintenance requests must be submitted in writing. Requests cannot be made over the phone, with the only exception being maintenance emergencies. For non-emergency maintenance issues, we recommend that residents complete their service requests online via their Resident Portal. The alternative would be to fill out a Maintenance Service Request Form in the office at Access Property Management Group.
I have a maintenance issue, how do I know if it is an emergency?
- All maintenance issues are different, we ask that you use your best judgment in assessing whether the situation is an emergency or not. Below is a list of some of the general issues that may constitute an emergency.
- Personal Injury: Contact 911 immediately.
- Fire: Contact 911 immediately. Then notify Access Property Management.
- Flood: If there is flooding in your home, please call our office immediately.
- Heat: If the heat in your home is not working, please call our office.
- Water: If the water in your home is not working at all, please contact our office immediately. If the hot water in your home is not working, please contact our office only if it cannot wait until the next business day.
- Plugged Toilet: This is only considered an emergency if the plugged toilet is the only toilet in your home. Please try to use a plunger before contacting our office.
I want to get a pet. Do I need to contact you?
Yes. You will need to contact our office before getting a pet. We will need to verify that the homeowner will allow you to have a pet. Once we verify that it is acceptable, you will need to sign a pet addendum and an additional security deposit and pet rent may be required.
My lease is ending soon. What do I need to do?
Prior to your lease ending, we will contact you regarding a possible lease renewal. If you choose to move out at the end of your lease, you are required to give a 30 day notice to Access Property Management Group. Please see the Move Out Instructions page for more information.
Rules and Regs
Our rules and regs can be found HERE.